View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 06:57 AM   #187
Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersCorner View Post
SC believes something foreign did get into man in the Garden. That foreign element is related to Satan but certainly not him in the whole. SC is beginning to believe what got in was DOUBT.
The problem I have with this is that if DOUBT got into man, what got into Satan and where did it come from? Why could it originate in Satan but not originate in man?

Your theory thus seems to place Satan as a more fundamental, and thus more important, source than man, making man simply the playground for sorting out the conflict between God and Satan.

I don't really believe that. Though I believe God has something to prove regarding Satan, I don't think this is his primary purpose for creating mankind. Since man is really superior to angels in regards to God's purpose, man should be able to morally orginate anything Satan can, including, unfortunately, self-corruption.

So it seems your thought includes the point is that man could not have corrupted himself without Satan's help. And I'm not sure why you feel you should believe that.

Something did happen to man's nature at the fall. Something that gets passed along to children. But the idea that Satan's nature is somehow in man, as unsupported as it is by Scripture (the Bible says in numerous places that God is in us, why would it be coy about whether Satan is in us?), seems no more than a superstition.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote