View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #30
Ohio

Default Re: Regarding the Ground (3): The Teaching - David Canfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Debelak View Post
If a "ground of oneness" gives rise to a vigilance to be open and embracing, and conversely skeptical of statements of exclusivity, then I am behind it.

If it fosters a sense to "establish" something, then I think we're getting into God's exclusive territory.

The more I interact with other Christians - and their groups - the more I realize the primacy of the gospel and not the levels we add on to it. In fact, the more just try to live my fumbling life with the relationships within it, the more I realize the primacy of my need for a savior and the "building" that accomplishes as it plays out...
Yes, definitely.

So nice to hear from you again.

Those who were "vigilant to be open and embracing," even while committed to the LC's, seemed to place the Lord and His people above any presumed standards of fellowship.

I often wonder if the demise of the "ground of oneness" was the exclusive platform of the ministry or flaws within the construct itself. In other words, what if the "ground of oneness" was practiced without excessive promotion accompanied by pride and the wholesale judgment of all of Christianity, the hallmarks of exclusivism?