View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 12:07 AM   #64
rayliotta

Default Re: Perry and Palin tied to Dominion Movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
Second, I am well aware of the atrocities and unrighteousness that takes place in countries under Sharia law towards non muslims. I think it was clear that Ohio was referring to this. If you read what Sharia law means any country that adopts it makes all non muslims second class citizens at best.
Obviously Sharia law and religious freedom are mutually exclusive. Kinda like how papal involvement in European politics wasn't particularly conducive to religious freedom there.

So I don't think it's "clear" that when Ohio said "religious freedom", he really meant "adopting Sharia law".

For years our society has been indulging in this fetish of removing all public mentions of God, prayer, etc. Not only the "ornamental" stuff (Ten Commandments in courthouses, for example), but also more substantial old-timey moral laws as well (am I the only one who finds it a little odd that polygamy is not yet covered under the "get the government out of our bedroom" amendment?). What I'm getting at is, does anyone really believe we are heading in the direction of adopting one of the most conservative, fundamentalist-based legal codes that exists in the world today?
rayliotta is offline   Reply With Quote