Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Search Forums

Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Sons to Glory!
Forum: Orthodoxy - Christian Teaching Today, 09:51 AM
Replies: 208
Views: 11,285
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Modalism

Okay - works for me! Praise our God the 3 in 1!
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread Today, 09:36 AM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

Good questions, and I don't know that I understand all the answers fully, so hopefully others will jump in.

So for your first question of why all are judged because of Adam/Eve's disobedience . ....
Forum: Orthodoxy - Christian Teaching Today, 09:05 AM
Replies: 208
Views: 11,285
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Modalism

Yes, surely the HS is in us! And these verses tell us that in us is:

> The Spirit of God
> The Spirit of Christ
> Christ
> The Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead
> His Spirit
> The...
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread Yesterday, 08:27 PM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

Yes, and did you see my question about these two description of the trees: 1) pleasing to the yes 2) good for food. So were some just #1 and some just #2 and maybe some both?

Also, "In the day...
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread Yesterday, 04:41 PM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

OK, Got it! Trapped did a good job, and I'm considering, as mentioned in earlier posts . . . still wondering why it was through something eaten though . . .
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread Yesterday, 03:59 PM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

Thanks for that - a compelling argument from scripture! Again, something to consider and pray about. As is probably your experience, sometimes I get the answer pretty quickly, and other times it...
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread Yesterday, 02:32 PM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

Quote: Originally Posted by awareness
"God wasn't satisfied with the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross. Or He would have reversed the damage done by the fall. He didn't."Dear sister, of course you...
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread Yesterday, 01:36 PM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

Concerning the bolded above, I wonder about "may eat . . ." Sure, we may eat a lot of things, including things we shouldn't - as they did.

So if it was about just the disobedience, and wasn't...
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread Yesterday, 01:02 PM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

Thanks for the reply, Trapped! You've given me something to think over and ask the Lord about. I do wonder about the word "good" that is used in both of the Genesis verses concerning the trees. ...
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

Yer probably right! (in that we don't really want to hear your take on the fruit . . . :hysterical: )

As to the 2nd part, whether the fall caused LGBTQWERTY, this gets to the heart of the matter...
Forum: Orthodoxy - Christian Teaching Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Replies: 208
Views: 11,285
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Modalism

Should we talk about Romans 8 here? "9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the...
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread Yesterday, 11:44 AM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

Where does it say the tree of the knowledge of good & evil was "good for food"?

Here's an article that agrees with your basic premise, but disagrees that the TOTKOGAE was "good." Tree Meaning...
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

What is the point of the fruit then, which purpose is to be eaten and therefore gets into us? From what I remember of the other thread, it was being said that the fruit itself wasn't bad, but rather...
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread Yesterday, 10:23 AM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

Agree with the part addressed to awareness!

As to the poison, those are my words. Something got into man as evidenced by eating the fruit. Whatever got into mankind, and his genes, caused death....
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread Yesterday, 09:26 AM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

The rising tide of this age - political pressure. (and I don't really have an issue with the government issuing "civil unions.")
Forum: Various Living Stream Ministry Publications Yesterday, 09:22 AM
Replies: 158
Views: 15,163
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Quote from today's Witness/Watchman Wednesday

:D Yes, we should weep, but there's no condemnation because of what He did - and He knows our weakness because of the flesh numbing us to the urgency of a dying world. (and as a brother I know...
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread Yesterday, 07:05 AM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

But there was something not good in man, right? As evidenced by the eating in the garden of the bad fruit, a poison was taken into mankind which was genetically passed along. Adam & Eve weren't the...
Forum: Orthodoxy - Christian Teaching Yesterday, 06:52 AM
Replies: 208
Views: 11,285
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Modalism

You won't slap me or call me a Lee-ist?
Forum: Orthodoxy - Christian Teaching 10-20-2020, 01:01 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 1,040
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: His Purpose - Christ in us

Of course - we're just sharing here, and hopefully gaining Christ in the process!

So here's something from the next little chapter of that Major Thomas book: "Faith means letting Him. You will...
Forum: Orthodoxy - Christian Teaching 10-20-2020, 12:53 PM
Replies: 208
Views: 11,285
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Modalism

:lurk5: I'm itching to respond, but I'll let Raptor . . .
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread 10-20-2020, 12:26 PM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

But don't forget, there was this little thing called "the fall" where all creation became corrupted as evidenced by death coming in.
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread 10-20-2020, 11:22 AM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

As the song goes, "I cannot tell . . ."

I did want to say one thing, and that is, I am one in Christ with you, SerenityLives, Ohio, Trapped, UntoHim and all the saints on this thread. We surely...
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread 10-20-2020, 07:31 AM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

You are wrong here. People wrote many things down in both the Old and New Testaments they didn't fully understand. The books of Daniel, Ezekiel and Revelation come to mind, along with hundreds of...
Forum: Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread 10-19-2020, 07:50 PM
Replies: 357
Views: 1,703
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: Things Learned from LGBTQ+ Discussions

Ahhh, like - DUH - maybe they were inspired by God perhaps?! :yep:
Forum: Orthodoxy - Christian Teaching 10-19-2020, 03:08 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 1,040
Posted By Sons to Glory!
Re: His Purpose - Christ in us

On one hand I can agree, that is, the focus for us is to be on Christ. It has to be and that is what we see in the Bible - Christ. But was Christ a Man? Of course. So I think this is a false...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500

 

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 PM.


3.8.9