Local Church Discussions

Local Church Discussions (http://localchurchdiscussions.com/vBulletin/index.php)
-   Introductions and Testimonies (http://localchurchdiscussions.com/vBulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Greetings (http://localchurchdiscussions.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=202)

Guest1 07-26-2008 09:03 AM

Greetings

I can't believe I found this forum..:) I have longed for fellowship with those who had the Local Church experience for so long.. I am a 10 Year vet.. lol.. started in Eldon Hall, Indianapolis, Chicago, Anaheim. LaCrescenta, Van Nuys.. it took me a long time to get back to the Lord.. but Praise Him He is Faithful !!

I was actually searching to see if I could find Max Rappaport and then the link to this site was there !! Max was the main preacherman of Teen Challenge in San Clemente.. and that is how I got 'born again'..

I recognize some of the names on here ... is Nigel the Nigel from the church in Chicago ?? There are so many I want to ask about .. but I don't know what the appropriate way to go about that is.. The main thing is now we are free to truly have fellowship in the Lord and truly enjoy our Lord and King.. Glory and Praise to our God and Father ..

God's Blessings

countmeworthy 07-26-2008 09:15 AM

Welcome

was in the church in San Diego. San Diego had a lot of Max R's 'recruits', 'converts' to the LORD JESUS...and the LC.

I arrived on the scene one month after he got shipped to Anaheim.

I still know a bunch of people from San Diego..most who are still in the LC or if they've left have not popped up yet. One or two have.

You might want to PM FinallyPrettyOK. You might know her. :-)

Hope to hear more from you!! :)

Carol

AndPeter 07-26-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

is Nigel the Nigel from the church in Chicago ??
Yes Nigel was in Chicago for some time and moved to Toronto in 1986 by way of London, Ontario.

You can see & hear some of his recent messages at http://churchintoronto.org/Video.htm

Brother Vern Yoder is now in Pittsburg, PA.

Steve

Guest1 07-26-2008 11:55 AM

Thank you so much.. and thanks for the welcomes.. do you know if brother Vern's son Dean Yoder and his wife Fran are there also.. and what about Tom Firak and his wife.. they were in the deep end of the Lord... if you know what I mean... lol

thank you for that Link .. I recognized Nigel's wife.. but could not find Nigel's speaking .. I still don't understand.. they (the church in Toronto) don't seem like typical local church ..there must have been some who didn't get into the 'cult' of local churches..

God's Blessings...

Unregistered 01-05-2013 12:39 PM

Re: Greetings

I am Frannie Yoder. Who are you? And what do you mean that we were deep into the LC?

Unregistered 01-05-2013 12:43 PM

How do I become registered to participate in this discussion. My husband and I left the LC MANY years ago. We are alive and well. - his family is still there and some are in Titus's group. Very interesting to have found this site.
frannie1955@yahoo.com

countmeworthy 01-05-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23202)
How do I become registered to participate in this discussion. My husband and I left the LC MANY years ago. We are alive and well. - his family is still there and some are in Titus's group. Very interesting to have found this site.
frannie1955@yahoo.com

Hello Frannie,
To register, send an email to localchurchdiscussions@Gmail.com telling them you want to register. Give them a username. It can be your real name or a made up name. My username is countmeworthy.

For the longest time, I did not want to reveal my name. But as I grew closer to God, through our Lord Jesus Christ vía His Holy Spirit working in me, the fear left. :)

Welcome aboard. I hope you post a lot. Share with us how the Holy Spirit has enlightened you since leaving the LC. After leaving, were you discouraged to the point of pushing the Lord out of your life?

Do you still use the RcV? I do not. But some here do. I was only in the LC a short time in comparison to most people here. Yet it made and left a huge impact on my life. I liken it to the impact the RCC made on my life. I was raised catholic so on the few occasions I go to mass, it is all too familiar. So it is with the LC.

I left just as the label "the Lord's Recovery" began to be used. I left right about the time Max was being chastised, ousted or leaving by his own accord.

Again, hope you share your experiences in the LC, the good, the bad and the ugly. But most importantly share with us how Christ has continued to strengthen you, enlightened you and blessed you.

Now that we are in 2013, this forum is aiming to encourage and give hope to those who are trying to leave or have left the LRC (Lord's recovery church)...as well as encouraging one another in Christ.

We'll see what happens in time.

Blessings,

Carol Garza

UntoHim 01-06-2013 09:26 AM

Ok Frannie,
You have been registered with the forum. If you want to go by another name or moniker please let us know.

Check your mailbox for instructions and your temporary password. (you can log in with this temporary password then go to your User Control Panel and change it to something only you will know.